Today a hospitalization for basic illnesses or accidents can cost you a few lakh rupees. A bypass surgery costs up to Rs.3 Lakhs – Rs. 4 Lakhs and so do other types of surgeries.
You may be in for a surprise to realize that your health insurance policy has not kept up its pace with rising healthcare costs or inflation. This is where you need more from your primary health insurance policy.
Your primary health insurance policy may not be enough to cover for all your medical expenses. In case you exhaust your sum insured amount, you may have to shell out for medical expenses from your own pocket. HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Top Up Plus is what comes in handy in such a situation. This top-up plan not only supplements your primary health insurance plan at a low cost but also provides several other benefits.
What is a Top-Up Plan?
Once you have exhausted your current coverage and sum insured amount due to multiple claims, a top-up plan kicks in and acts as a buffer to provide you with additional coverage to counter any medical emergency. A top-up plan is like a spare health policy that comes to your rescue once you have reached the upper limit of your current coverage. This limit is called as deductible and the top-up policy triggers in, once this deductible limit is reached.
To buy a top-up policy, it is not mandatory to hold a primary health policy. But only after a certain deductible amount is met, the top-up policy would come to your aid. You would need to always hold a certain amount of savings to meet the medical expenses. Hence, it is always recommended to hold a primary health policy and use it’s sum insured limit as the deductible of the top-up plan.
Why Should you Buy HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Top-Up Plan?
- Enhance your current medical coverage with the most cost-effective way of top-up plan
- Coverage of up to Rs. 5 Lakhs per year over and above the deductible amount chosen by you. Choose deductible amounts of Rs.2 Lakhs – Rs. 5 Lakhs
- No sub-limits or caps on room rents, doctor fees, and others
- Life-long renewable
- Tax benefit under section 80D
- You have the option to even convert Health Suraksha Top-Up Policy into Health Suraksha Insurance Policy
- Avail family discount of 10% or more when three or four members of the family are covered in the same policy
- 5% bonus on sum insured amount for every claim-free year
- Excellent HDFC Ergo Health Reviews by customers and high claim settlement ratio
- It covers for in-patient treatment, pre, and post-hospitalization, day care treatments, domiciliary treatments and acts as a regular insurance policy, once your primary health policy is exhausted
Keep up the Pace with HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Top-Up Plan
Instead of shelling out a premium to get additional coverage, opt for a top-up plan that serves the purpose of enhancing your medical coverage effectively. You can be assured that your medical expenses will be covered, even if you have made many claims during the year.
Health cover top-ups are a great solution to help you cope with escalating medical costs. That is why HDFC Ergo has designed a robust top-up plan to act as a great supplement to your primary health insurance policy.
Moreover, the HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Top-Up Plan is loaded with several other advantages. It is designed to boost your primary health insurance at an affordable cost. With no sub-limits, room rent restrictions, positive HDFC Ergo health reviews, and option of lifelong renewability, the HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Top-Up Plan is indeed the key to complete peace of mind.