Before starting with important tips on choosing the right health insurance plan, read the importance of buying a health insurance plan for you and your family.
A health insurance policy is an insurance product, provided by insurance companies, which cover all costs arising out of the medical treatment of a policyholder. This policy covers an individual and his/her family members. The policy tenure is ideally fixed at one year and in some cases, a policyholder can also buy the plan for a term of two to three years. With health insurance plan you get entitled to adequate medical asisitance in case of an emergency, without worrying about the medcial expenses.
Coverage under Health Insurance Policy
- Health plan offers coverage against entire hospitalisation expenses as per the maximum sum assured and terms of the policy.
- It also covers pre and post hospitalisation expenses.
- If you are covered under a health insurance plan you can avail cashless treatment facility at network hospitals of your insurers, it provides the best medical care during medical emergency. This way you can immediately get treatment without arranging the funds.
- Under certain health plans you can avail the claim amount on a lump sum basis so you can use it not only for medical treatment expenses, and also household expenses.
Choosing a right health insurance plan from a wide range of policies and insurers is a tough task. Before selecting a health insurance plan for self or family, make sure that there is no one size that fits all.
So don’t choose a plan for a reason because your friend or colleague who has selected that plan. Every individual has different set of health care requirements. It is obvious that your needs will be entirely different from your friend or colleague’s requirements. Make sure your health insurance plan fulfils needs that are essential for you and your family.
Undoubtedly, there are plethora of health insurance options for different medical problems and health condition. Different health insurance plan has different ways to tackle different health conditions so, it’s important to read the policy wording to be sure whether your medical condition is covered under the policy or not.
To buy the right health insurance plan you first need to analyze what kind of coverage you need and at what premium. You can find these details online or you can also take help from an insurance agent or broker.
HDFC Ergo health insurance plan is considered to be the best in the insurance market. Check out some its coverage offered under health insurance policy:
HDFC Ergo Health Plans Offer the Following Coverage:
- HDFC Ergo plan ensures the same premium even after filing claims
- Additional benefits on claim-free years
- Required cover of special illnesses and health conditions. So if there is a medical history for a particular health issues like heart ailments, ensure that the health plan covers such health problems.
- Flexibility to customise the health insurance plan in terms of its coverage, benefit and premium payment.
- It has a hassle-free claim settlement procedure with cashless treatment benefits when you or any of your family members is hospitalised across a wide network hospitals.
- Tax benefits under section 80D of Income Tax Act
These are the factors that you must consider before selecting the right health insurance plan for self or family. For further assistance to buy a health insurance plan you can talk to insurance company’s customer care representative or you can contact an insurance agent or broker. It is always advisable to by the insurance policy online. This helps you to avail greater benefits and coverage under the same policy. You can calculate the premium of different health insurance policies using premium calculator and buy the most affordable one from the market.